General Report: The Culling (Pre-Game)

General Report: The Culling.

I saw it. Red.. She.. I finally understand why I'm here now.

She was saving me. For the last time.

God damn it, Red. It's not your job to protect me and go do something stupid.

That's my job...Sanctuary was our dream. And now I learned my best friend wanted to die.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Start Transcription-

-noisy unzipping, flinging of cloth, flipping out of a drawer's contents-

 Jack
"What's going on? Why are you packing?'

Me
"Gotta go, Smurf. I gotta be some place in Overland."

Jack
"You mean, you're going to Her. To Red. She might wind up killing you, you know."

Me
"Fuck if I know. But she's not allowed to die alone. Not after everything we've been through, now with so much unsaid.  I'm leaving."

Jack
"I won't stop you. Just... Give her my regards. If you can get away with pictures, do it."

Me
"I'll be gone the entire two weeks. Don't wait up."

Jack
"I won't. I still have a lot to do on my end. Just do me a favor and be careful?"

Me
"I'll try. "

Jack
"You can actually leave now, you know. You finally have your reason to leave No Man's Land. And you can come back when you're ready."

Me
"Thanks Smurf. Good luck. I'll see you when I get back."

Jack
"Don't die out there."

Me
"Wouldn't give you the satisfaction."

-End Transcription-


Comments

  1. I don't think she'll kill you.

    I think she cares for you too much.


    But.. I would be careful around Ghost.


    This wouldn't be the first timeline he has physically manifested, if he did.


    Just an extra forewarning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jack. I'll keep my head down.

    It's.. not as bad as I thought it'd be.

    But it might get a lot worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. Might? Let's be optimistic. Hehe it's going to get much worse. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Deals, Steals, and Another Corporate Merger...

The Staggered Reply, Quite Literally...

Under the Pale Moonlight