And if she wasn't already a pain in my ass before...

 I needed to put all of these details into the contract.

By the way, if you missed the first half of our contract meeting, I've hacked Red's account and posted it there.
She needs to have that $100,000 already in her account, and the mortgage paid off before the phone call even started.

Because the Old Ones knew before she began what she would say.
Money is inconsequential to them.

But what she could provide is worth every penny
 
Yes.

Because here's the thing: 

Red: "Do you really need to be recording this?"

Me: "Hey, you wanted posterity, I'm giving it to you. 
Just let the phone do it's work, yeah? So, tell me what's happening again."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"This is going to be an Event. A huge one."


The real reason she got drunk with Moses.

She was bribing him with sex to be the team lead on the streets,  running red ops. 

And now she's sitting right next to me:
"Thirty minutes to 12. Publish the audio log, Tag."
"Ready?
 
"... What did I get myself into?"
"A business platform."
 
"I guess we are, Red."

"Ground up." 

"And then you and I went on a posting spree, why did we do that?"
"You know the carnage had already been going for three hours by the time it posted."
Yes.
So funny thing about Red.
Me: "251 was her area code.
She pretty much put Sanctuary on the map. District wide.
Sanctuary slips will upgrade to permanent 'drink me' bottles
Bespelled to their owner. Can't be removed."
Red: "And people will flock"
" ...Great. Going to be a damn mess."
 
- audio unintelligible- 

Red:
 "Because 251 only applies to certain towns.
Maybe 3 on the map
Three towns to search
So if Gallows wanted to show up to watch the world burn..
It would take him maybe a day to three days
Because the Sanctuary slips work like Jack's compass
And the fires would sort of be dying down or amping up depending on what's going on."

Red:
  "Yes.
Our own version of Devil's Night
The Wooden Girl wanted their own Halloween
But in the spring.
Make it semi annual.
Second Halloween."

-sighing and typing-

"We have a deadline to meet, Tag."
"We both have our orders."
"Incident reports must be filed within three hours of the incident."

Me: 
 "And you know that I'm still just a guy with ten fingers, don't rush me, Red."

Red:
 "Rush yourself. We're equals now. Can the boss bullshit."
"We can be friends now."

Me:
 "Then as my friend, how about you try and be encouraging? "

 Red:
 "You can do this."
"Move over. I'll type I'm better trained at it."
 "Just dictate and I'll transcribe."

 -loud typing- 

Red:
 "You know you'll have to hire Scribes now. Right?"
"I can't tell this story alone. I can't do it. I need Scribes, on salary."

Me: 
"Yeah, I will. And we have the budget for it now."

Red: 
"It's time to create a new Title, Tag."

Me:
"Ugh, I hate auditions. Too many kids with big heads and even bigger mouths."

 Details, Details:

District: Mardi Gras


Mardi Gras District
- Home of the neutrality clause  
- The protection of children

The elderly


- loud typing- 
- And the prisons will nearly empty
-  Either freed or killed 
- [information redacted]


Me: 
"We just started a war."

Red:
 "I, for one, am going to enjoy watching the fires burn and the chemical warfare begin."

"I do hope Gallows returns soon. He will be so proud of me."
  "Doyubi wants workers at Rabbit Hole and No Man's Land within the hour."


Me:
 "That can be arranged."


Red:
"She will be joining the Great Game soon."

"It's time for the goddaughter to make at least some of us seem less like horrific people. I owe it to the Runners. For being patient with me."


Me:
"You owe it to Jeff for making you his next heir."

Red: 
"I hid that for how many years?"

Me:"Successfully?"
"By my count, none."
Red: "Hell Disney World is still buried."

Me:
"By your count, 7"
-typing pauses and restarts-
Red: 
"Hold on. Explain."

Me: 
"Because I hid it. Remember, I covered up the paper trail."

Red: 
"How long did you know about it before it happened?"

Me: 
"Day you picked up the map and didn't log it"

Red:
"How?"

Me:
"You went on vacation. You never go on vacation"

Red:
"....so?"

Me:
"You went to Disney World. Even I know what's there."

Red:
"They wanted me to be gone. You know it, They know it, even the newbie Runners know it."

Me:
"But you lived through it. Somehow."

Red:
"Didn't have any other option."
"I did as was ordered."

Me:
 "You're killing me, Red."

Red: 
"What? The only ones above us ARE the higher ups."
 We report directly to them."

Red: 
"Mostly Dobyoi"

Me: 
Oh yeah?

Red: 
"You will probably get a promotion to South East Coast Manager.
"You'll be my boss on local internal politics.
"But as far as I'm concerned, I'm calling you Tagalong for eternity.

Me: 
"And how am I supposed to run internal affairs for a whole damn nation state?"

Red:
"You can go ahead and unredact my file. All but my real name."
"With help."

Red: 
"We recruit after Devil's Night."
 Make Them even happier."

 Red:
"You'll bonus every day for a year straight with us working together. I swear on my red ring."

[Information Redacted]


"You're my Cheshire Cat. It's time we start fixing shit."
"But I can't do it by myself. Sanctuary will have to become fully staffed on salary

[Information Redacted]

"Call it personal respect between two crazy immortal division leads."
"Redact that part of the conversation. All of my request and explanation."

"We don't want to give away trade secrets." 

[- Sorry kids, rules are rules. Can't let you break the contract now.  -D]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deals, Steals, and Another Corporate Merger...

The Staggered Reply, Quite Literally...

Under the Pale Moonlight