New World Order(s)

Things seem... different.

Might be because I moved offices. Needed a new change of scenery and my old one smelled too much like stale whiskey and bad memories.

Lot of empty ones in this building. Not like I had any competition.

Everything is the same.

Shouldn't feel any different. But it does.

More than anything, the world feels the way it does when you move somewhere new and visit a restaurant you used to go to before. Same place, same food, same shitty in house beer.

But at the end of the day, you have to find your way back to your new place. New route from an old place. Keep doing that, day in, day out. For six fucking months.

And you'll see how I felt with what happened...

I mean, it's a new office. Still has that freshly polished desk smell.

But it's not really all that new. Same place. New experiences?

The paperwork goes to the same bin. I have the same desk. Nothing should feel different.

The coffee is oddly effervescent but that might be the better quality grounds.

I just need to keep moving through day by day.

Until it's not a new route anymore.

Jack doesn't seem to mind me being down. I think she's dealing with things on her own end....

I'd joke about me not caring unless my paychecks aren't being signed, but I'm not that much of an asshole. I just need a stronger drink and something to burn through this feeling like I'm forgetting something.

It's probably nothing. Just too many hours spent on burnt out hard drives, too much time in front of a blaring monitor, and not enough hours of sleep in my day.

And of course, the fucking never ending backlog of paperwork. 

At least, that's what I hope it might be.

Except it isn't. Everything just seems to be going wrong.

Lot of power outages lately. Depression getting so bad that it's like I'm existing in a pool of water. Nothing tastes right. Nothing seems like it should be.

But with things the way they are now, there's at least one solace.

We're still here. Still alive.

New World Order.

First rule: Keep on Living.

And for fuck's sake. Actually put a dent through all of this paper work. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Under the Pale Moonlight

Deals, Steals, and Another Corporate Merger...

The Staggered Reply, Quite Literally...