Things I Hate Noticing

Jack being gone.

My paperwork always having coffee rings on it.

That lack of an incessant grind on my mind that comes with having to pick up around the world's messiest subordinate. I'm a Shadow. It's not my job to intervene unless ordered, or if I fucking felt like it.

Usually I fucking felt like it. Get off my back. She's a grown woman.

In a way, it felt like a vacation.

Another thing I hate. Vacations.

There's so much to not do in Underland, especially when you're supposed to be the Number 2 on high seat and can't actually go out on missions with the Rabbits.

When it's actually normal around here for a change. As normal as a mysterious magically protected sanctuary protected by an elder council of god knows how many high table eldritch creatures gets anyway.

How nothing smells like lavender and sage anymore. Usually that stuffs gets to creatures like me. Not having it around doesn't feel right.

How I somehow miss being kicked in the damn side after falling asleep at my desk through another one of my caffeine fueled binges.

How I keep writing all of this down because no matter how I slice it, I miss Jack.

I miss Jack.

Sigh. Hard to be a Shadow when your source is traveling around the fucking planet like some sort of rogue.

Well, not really. I have a job to do. She has hers.

Least she texts now and again, got a new phone.

She misses me.

I hate that she misses me for some reason.

And you're reading this, aren't you, you smug bitch?

Stay safe out there.



Comments

  1. You caught me. ;D

    I miss you too, featherhead.


    Try not to let anyone kill each other while I'm gone.


    I'd hate to think of all the bloody paperwork you'd have to file..

    ReplyDelete
  2. No promises. I get bored. Sometimes that involves (not our people) dying on certain parts... And well. Fuck it, better than constantly trying to shove my own emotions up my ass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awfully uncomfortable.



      Also, where the fuck are you?



      One of the Rabbits just checked in on you.



      You are NOT where you're supposed to be, my friend.

      Delete
  3. I'm exactly where I need to be.. Sort of. I'm busy. Let me just sequester myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Under the Pale Moonlight

Deals, Steals, and Another Corporate Merger...

The Staggered Reply, Quite Literally...